- If you notice any issues with your plant within the first 45 days of arrival, contact our Plant Doctor team with images and your observations using your account https://www.leonandgeorge.com/account/plant-doctor. They will help diagnose any potential ailments and recommend adjustments.
- Despite the adjustments and best efforts of care, if your plant dies* within this adjustment period, we'll send you a replacement.
- Ailments must not be due to mistreatment or neglect as determined by the Plant Doctor
- Limit of one replacement per plant ordered
- Plants that arrive dead or die within 7 days of arrival will be
replaced and shipped free of charge. If your plant arrives dead or
severely damaged, you can
claim for damaged orders here.
After 7 days, replacements under the 45 Day Guarantee are free of charge, however shipping or delivery expenses are not included and will be the responsibility of the customer.
At Léon & George, we understand the importance of bringing life and vitality into your home with living plants. And while these beautiful greens are naturally perishable and may require a short period of adjustment to their new surroundings, we're committed to ensuring happiness with your new plant. That's why we offer two layers of guarantee to provide you with the ultimate peace of mind and the best customer experience possible.
45-day plant Acclimation Guarantee
Our quality selection process and Plant Doctor support guarantee that your plant will survive and thrive through this adjustment period. If your plant dies* within the first 45 days of arrival, we'll replace it for you free of charge.
To qualify for a replacement, you must fulfill the following:
* How do I know if my plant is dead?
- Leaves are completely wilted and have a spinach like appearance
- Branches are dry, brittle, and easy to snap off
When your plant may recover, though qualifies for immediate replacement:
- All foliage has fallen off upon opening or within 7 days of delivery
- Insects have been found on plant upon opening or within 7 days
- Plant arrives leaning and cannot easily be straightened as determined by the Plant Doctors
If your plant meets the requirements above, you can submit a claim for your 45 Day Guarantee here.
Beyond this 45 day adjustment period and up to a period of one year from the plant's arrival, for customers that have purchased our Extended Guarantee, if your plant is still alive and growing though you're unhappy with the appearance of it, existing customers may purchase a replacement of the same plant for a 50% discount + shipping.
If you'd simply like to change out your plant outside of these conditions, they can be purchased without the ceramic pot directly on the website by selecting the “No Pot” option or on the Léon & George Nursery.
If a product is disposed of before a resolution is confirmed, any option for a replacement or compensation will be nullified.
When your plant is alive and simply needs time and patience:
Living plants are meant to be appreciated for their overall shape and beauty. They are delicate just like us, and can occasionally have blemishes or ailments that can easily be remedied. As long as you have given your plant the necessary amount of light, it will settle in and grow with you over time. Normal characteristics your plant will express that are not eligible for replacement:
- Discolored foliage, browning tips and edges which can easily be removed or trimmed
- Leaf drop, this often occurs during periods of transition - moving to new locations and new seasons.
- Plants which lean when they are top heavy and can easily be staked or tied up to stand straight
The Scratch Test - this is the ultimate way in determining whether your plant is still alive. Scratch an area of the trunk or stem with something sharp like a coin or your fingernail. If the tissue below is green-tinged and damp, your plant is alive and will continue to sprout new fronds. If it is difficult to scratch, and only shows signs of dried black or brown tissue below, the branch is dead and can be removed.