Return & Exchange Policy
It is our mission to provide the very best in product and service. Here is information on policies related to returns and exchanges. Please note that this policy only applies for orders placed through this website, and custom orders are subject to different terms.
Living plants are perishable and will react to changing conditions. They will go through a period of adjustment as they settle from their journey to you and into their new homes. Through our quality selection process and plant doctor support, we guarantee that your plant will survive and thrive through this adjustment period. If your plant dies within the first 45 days of arrival, we’ll replace it for you. The requirements for replacement are the following:
- If you notice any issues with your plant within the first 45 days of arrival, contact our Plant Doctor team with images and a description of ailments at email@example.com. They will help diagnose what’s going on and prescribe recommended adjustments.
- Despite the adjustments and best efforts of care, if your plant dies within this adjustment period, we’ll send you a replacement.
- Ailments must not be due to mistreatment or neglect as determined by the Plant Doctor
- Limit of one replacement per plant ordered
- Replacements will incur a shipping or delivery fee equal to original cost at checkout.
Typical characteristics seen within 45 days that require a replacement:
- Plant arrives dead or distressed and is showing excessive damage due to transit
- Foliage is showing largely discolored areas on more than 40% of the plant
- Plant loses more than 40% of its leaves
- Plant arrives with insects
- Normal characteristics of living plants that will not be covered by this guarantee include: brown tips and edges on less than 20% of leaves, loss of less than 10% of overall foliage, blemishes that are natural to the plant and not due to improper wrapping or packaging. These blemishes can be easily removed or trimmed and are not indicative of the plant's immediate decline.
- Outside of this adjustment period, if you’d simply like to change your plant, additional replacements can be purchased on a case by case basis.
Despite our best efforts to protect plants with careful packaging, they are placed in the temporary care of logistics services such as UPS to ensure a safe delivery. On occasion, packages are mishandled or exposed to extreme weather conditions. This can lead to broken ceramics or plants arriving in bad shape. If this happens to you, don't worry, we'll make it right. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and images of what you received and we'll arrange a replacement.
Please note that only the component of your order that arrived damaged will be replaced (plant, pot, or stand)
Leon & George will cover delivery only for orders with addresses entered correctly at checkout. Orders with incorrect addresses may be re-routed for a fee if sufficient notice is provided. Orders that have been delivered to addresses entered incorrectly at checkout are not applicable for replacements, refunds, or re-shipments. If your tracking shows your order as delivered, but you have not received it, be sure to check your side doors, porches, garage areas, and nearby bushes. Sometimes parcels are tucked away for safety. Occasionally orders are left with neighbors, as well as with the concierge or nearby staff. If your order has not appeared after three days of the delivery date, please contact the courier directly. Parcels marked as successfully delivered by the courier to the shipping address entered at checkout are not applicable for refunds, replacements, or re-shipments. That being said, we are here to help! Contact email@example.com for assistance with any necessary claims process.
Returns & Exchanges of Live Plants
Due to the perishable nature of living plants and their susceptibility to variable conditions, returns and exchanges are not accepted.
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for large and extra large products delivered via our white-glove service in San Francisco or Los Angeles, and for store credit only. Products must be picked up within 7 days of delivery. All cases will be subject to a 15% restocking fee and the delivery fee paid at the time of purchase. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and images of the plant’s condition to schedule a pickup.
Returns & Exchanges of Non-Perishable Items
Returns and exchanges of non-perishable items such as ceramics and accessories will be accepted if the return is initiated within 5 days of an item's delivery. Simply contact email@example.com to let us know, then ship the item back using your preferred courier. The product must be secured and returned in its original packaging, and customers must provide tracking for the return by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Shipping fees from the original order are non-refundable and a 15% restocking fee will be deducted from the total refund. Please allow approximately 5-10 days for processing.
All of our plant and pot sets are made to order. A member of our team personally selects your plant before cleaning, trimming, and potting it in the ceramic planter you have chosen. Due to the customized and perishable nature of our products, cancellations with a full refund are only accepted within 48 hours of your order date and as long as your order has not already left our facility. Cancellations after this period will be accepted according to the following conditions:
- After 48 hours of order placement, a 15% restocking fee will be deducted from your refund
- If your order has left our facility and not yet arrived at your destination, the package can be recalled. Your cancellation will be processed with a 15% restocking fee and $20 delivery intercept fee per package deducted from your refund.
Contact us with any questions at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within 24-48 hours.
-The Team at Léon & George